Connect to GovWifi as a visitor
If you do not have a public sector staff email address, you can connect to GovWifi as a visitor.
1. Get sponsored by public sector staff
You will need a public sector staff member to sponsor your access to GovWifi.
The staff member will need to use their public sector staff email address to:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- leave the subject line blank
- only include the email address of each visitor on separate lines within the email
Once this has been done, you will receive an email containing your GovWifi username and password.
If you do not receive the username and password confirmation e-mail within a few minutes of signing up, please check your spam/junk e-mail folder.
2. Connect your device to GovWifi
When you are in a organisation that offers GovWifi, follow the steps below to connect your device:
- Go to your device wifi settings and select GovWifi.
Enter the username and password you received by email or text.
Your password is case sensitive. It's 3 words without spaces. The first letter of each word is capitalised.
You can use the same username and password on all the devices you connect to GovWifi.
Please review our support guides for device specific instructions.